Revision date: 01/05/2019
What Information We Collect
When you use the services we collect information you provide to us and we collect information when you use our Service. Below we explain each of these ways in more detail:
Information you provide to us:
When you use our Services, we collect information that is necessary to process your request. Here are some examples:
- Account login details, including your user name and chosen password
- Account information: name, mailing address, phone number and email address and
- Patient information: patient's name and contact lens prescription information
- Eye Care Provider Information: name and phone number
- Payment information: billing address and credit card number
- Online purchases, or other transaction with us and the contents of your shopping cart
- Email and chat communications
Information we collect when you use the Services:
When you use our Services we automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser or device.
Log file information: We collect log information which your browser or device automatically reports each time you interact with the services. This information may include:
- device information, such as hardware setting, web browser type and language
- IP address, MAC address
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g. device advertising ID)
- times you have accessed pages
- pages you have viewed
- searches you have conducted
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website
- remembering your preferences and allowing you to enter your user name less frequently;
- uniquely identify each user session when you access the services;
- compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the services are used;
- present you and communicate to you information that is targeted to your interests, including our content presented on another website and across devices;
- measure the effectiveness of our sites, services, content, communications and advertising, including placing web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) in whichever emails and links have been opened by recipients
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to disable cookies on your browser (see below) but doing so may prevent you from using the full features of the services. For information about your choices regarding these technologies please see "Your Access and Choices regarding your Personal Information" below.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use personal information that we collect to process your order, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, and to learn more about and improve the Site and the Services. For example, we may use the information we collect to:
- process the order you submitted;
- provide the services you request;
- process payments;
- send you account related or customer service emails;
- send you special promotions
- inform you of new products or services
- analyze how visitors use the service; and
- request feedback through surveys to help us improve the Service
Who we share your information with
OnlineLens.com does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties. We share information with GDPR-compliant Service Providers who perform functions on our behalf. For example,
- Payment Gateways
- Email Providers
- Delivery Services
- Analytics Providers
- Online Vision Test Providers
- Fraud Prevention Service Providers
OnlineLens.com will not share your personal information with any third parties without your permission, unless we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to:
- respond to duly authorised information requests of governmental authorities
- comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order
- help prevent fraud, or enforce or protect the rights and properties of OnlineLens.com
- Protect and defend the personal safety of OnlineLens.com, our customers or the public
- transfer personal data if OnlineLens.com is acquired (or the majority of the company is acquired) by a third party
- transfer personal data if we sell or acquire any business or assets to a third-party buyer or seller
How We Store and Protect Your Information
OnlineLens.com takes reasonable precautions to protect your information.
- We use a trusted payment processing service to process your payment
- We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt personal information that you provide via your registered account on our website. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an unsecure connection.
- Our site is tested daily to ensure that is free of malware, viruses, phishing attacks and other things that may harm you or your computer
- We keep your information confidential and store user personal data on a secure server, which is both password protected and firewall protected.
Please keep in mind that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that the information collected about you will always remain private when using our Services. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your Access & Choices About Account Information
Account Information: You may at any time review or change the information in your account by logging into the "My Account" section of our website. In addition, you can change your personal information by sending a request to email@example.com to speak with a Customer Service Representative. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information.
Removing your information: You may at any time request to delete your account by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will remove your personal details from from our active databases. However, we will retain and use this information as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and then delete it.
Email Communication: If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may opt out by by logging into the "My Account" section of our website and accessing the email preferences function. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communication by sending a request to email@example.com Customer Service Representative. If you choose to unsubscribe we will maintain your name in a "do not mail" file to ensure that we can honor your request.
Choices regarding the collection of your information:
Analytics: You can control the information provided to Google and opt out of certain ads provided by Google by using of the of the methods set forth in http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or use the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Cookies and other technologies: Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser's directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Turning off the browser's cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but unique information will not be recorded. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org
Advertising: You can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative's website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/; or the Digital Advertising Alliance's website at http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/ or, if you're located in the European Union ("EU"), at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu from your browser. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices and from your mobile device.
Use and Disclosure of your Protected Health Information
Use of our Services is limited to individuals aged 17 years and older. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 17.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise and update this Policy at any time. We will provide notice that changes have been made by posting the revised Policy and updating the revision date at the top of the Policy. We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you visit the Site to make sure that you understand how your personal information is treated.
If you have any questions about this policy or the services, please contact us at: